miércoles, 30 de septiembre de 2020

Should I Disable Windows 10 OneSyncSvc Service?

 

https://endurtech.com/should-i-disable-windows-10-onesyncsvc-service/

The OneSyncSvc synchronizes your Microsoft Account, OneDrive, Windows Mail, Contacts, Calendar and various other Apps. Your Mail App and other Apps and services, which are dependent upon this functionality, will not work properly when this service is disabled or not running.

Since I don’t personally use any of these services or its related Apps I decided to disable it. To my bliss, browsing my Workgroup network with Windows Explorer is near instantaneous by comparison. In short, there are no more delays in opening networked folders.

 

How to Disable OneSyncSvc Service #

Again, assuming you don’t use or need any of the above related services or Apps and want to browse your networked computers faster give disabling the OneSyncSvc service a try. To disable OneSyncSvc click “Start” and type “regedit” then press “Enter” on your keyboard. Copy and paste the below address into the address bar at the top:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc

Locate and set the “Start” DWORD from the default value of “2” to “4“. A restart would be required to implement this change.

You would then want to “Favorite” this location within your Registry Editor in case you change your mind or run into issues. Then simply revert the Start DWORD back to “2” to enable the OneSyncSvc service and all its related functionality. Once again, a restart would be required to implement this change.

 

Disable OneSyncSvc Service

 

End of File #

I hope this article has helped increase the speed with which you browse your networked environment. I welcome your thoughts, questions or suggestions regarding this article.

Again, if you use any of the above mentioned services you would not want to disable the OneSyncSvc service.

You may support my work and future improvements by sending me a tip using your Brave browser or by sending me a one time donation using your credit card.

Let me know if you found any errors within my article or if I may further assist you by answering any additional questions you may have.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario