jueves, 29 de septiembre de 2022

Set adrift on memory bliss - PM Dawn

 

http://www.bettyloumusic.com/setadriftonmemorybliss.htm

Set adrift on memory bliss (1991)    (video)

 

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -    F

    Set adrift on memory bliss of you.

 

+  F - Am - F - Am

 

                   F           - Am                  F

Baby, you send me,         baby, you send me.

Am                                           F

Set adrift on memory bliss of you.

 

   F

1.     The camera pans the cocktail glass,

Am

    behind a blind of plastic plants,

F

    I found the lady with the fat diamond ring,

Am

    then you know, I can't remember a damn thing.

F

    I think it's one of those de ja vu things,

Am

    or a dream that's tryin' to tell me something,

F

    or will I ever stop thinkin' about it,

Am

    I don't know, I doubt it.

F

    Subterranean by design,

Am

    I wonder what I would find

           F

    if I met you, let my eyes caress you,

      Am

    until I meet the thought of Missess Princess Who ?

F

    I often wonder what makes her work,

Am

    I guess I'll leave that question to the experts,

F

    assuming that there are some out there,

                 Am

    they're probably alone, solitaire.

F

    I can remember when

                 Am

    I caught up with a pastime intimate friend.

                    - F

    She said,       "Bet you're probably gonna say I look lovely,

Am

    but you probably don't think nothin' of me."

F

    She was right, though, I can't lie,

Am

    she's just one of those corners in my mind,

          F

    and I just put her right back with the rest,

Am

    that's the way it goes, I guess.

 

                              Am                    F

Baby, you send me, haa, baby, you send me,

Am

set adrift on memory bliss of you.

 

+  repeat CHORUS

 

         F

2. A careless whisper from a careless man,

        Am

    a neutron dance for a neutron fan,

      F

    marionette strings are dangerous things,

Am

    I thought of all the trouble they bring.

          F

    An eye for an eye, a spy for a spy,

               Am

    rubber bands expand in a frustrating sigh.

F

    Tell me that she's not dreaming,

                        Am

    she's got an ace in the hole, it doesn't have meaning.

        F

    Reality used to be a friend of mine,

                       Am

    'cause complete control, I don't take too kind.

             F

    Christina Applegate, you gotta put me on,

     Am

    guess who's piece of the cake is Jack gone ?

              F

    She broke her wishbone and wished for a sign,

       Am

    I told her whispers in my heart were fine.

         F

    What did she think she could do ?

      Am

    I feel for her, I really do.

           F

    And I stared at the ring finger on her hand,

       Am

    I wanted her to be a big PM Dawn fan,

         F

    but I had to put her right back with the rest,

      Am

    that's the way it goes, I guess.

 

                   F            Am                    F

Baby, you send me, haa, baby, you send me,

Am

set adrift on memory bliss of you.

 

+  repeat CHORUS (3x)      +  F            +  CHORUS (3x) ....

 

(orig. = capo 3rd)    (P.M. Dawn)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario